Sunday 19 December 2010

water for elephants final book cover

After playing around with composition on the image I have come to the final version of my book cvoer pictured below:

I felt the image on the front cover of the previous idea could also work well on the back cover, the tents behind the circus were made in a similar style to my elephant (using oil paints)

The stroke was removed from all vectors, I changed the image of two ballerinas to one, as it fits better with the storyline and used the colour pink in my work repetively to reflect the colours in the characters costume in the storyline.

I chose a script font as I felt it worked better with the more "delicate images" the script font also connotates romance novel, which  is what the story is deep at heart.

The grim green background reflects the depression and 1930s colour scheme.

I centered the blurb text as I felt this alignment worked and made use of space, I put the books quote in bold to show how important it was.

1 comment:

  1. PRETTY i love the book and your art makes it all come togethr

    ReplyDelete