Sunday 19 December 2010

Water for elephants idea 1:


Using some vectors I had created I started putting together my first idea for a book cover, although I like the idea I think the book cover is too busy, and the images are too contrasting when draped across one background. Originally I wanted the old man to be placed on the front cover on the blurb, however after recieving feedback on the idea I realised that this wouldn't be commercial, which is why I placed it by the blurb instead.

I quite like the text wrap style of text on back cover here, though it doesn't neccesarily make use of space.

I do like the idea of characters and eccentricity, And the cut off circus, I originally put the word in to anchor the image, however when looking at it here it is self explanitory to me what it is, especially witht the other images around it.

I wanted to replace the hippo character with an elephant to reflect the title of the book better, however I think the positioning of the character should be reconsidered, as here it looks as if it is floating in middair.

I think on the spine the wording of the title could be smaller, and sara gruen could aligned to it, having less characters at the bottom of the sign.

Although I like all the individual vectors they too contast a bit, some have stroke, and some don't so I am going to make them appear more consistent on the next version of the book cover I produce.

1 comment:

  1. once again ILOVE YOUR ART ive only seen 2 of your peices but they are supper cool a total thumb up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete